GreenteQ Alpha Cockspur UPVC Window Handle 12mm or 21mm
The GreenteQ Alpha cockspur window handle is modern in style and comes in two heights 12mm for Aluminium installations and 21mm for UPVC window systems. The Alpha cockspur handles are a great low cost option where multi-point locking is not required. The attractive contemporary design enables repair and maintenance to give old installations a smart new look, simply by replacing the existing old-fashioned cockspur handles.
Available as Left or Right Hand
- Contoured handle for ease of use
- Push to release locking mechanism
- 90° stop/click location washer
- Supplied with a key, and cover cap as standard
- Material: Black and White - Zinc
- Material: Polished Chrome, Polished Gold and Silver - Aluminium
- Suited colours to match the rest of the Greenteq Alpha range
- 10 Year GreenteQ manufacturers guarantee
What's in the Pack?
1x GreenteQ Alpha Cockspur Window Handle (Left or Right-Handed)
1x Cap cover
- Handle length: 167mm
- Handle width: 15.6mm
- Handle height: 53.7mm (12mm Backset), 62mm (21mm Backset)
- Distance between screw hole centres: 38mm, 60mm
Please refer to the diagram in the gallery.
Do I need a left or a right-hand handle?
First check the hand of your handle, for a top hung window that opens out - if the long part of the handle points to the left and the little spur points down you will need a left hand, if the long part of the handle points to the right and the little spur points down you will need a right hand. For side opening windows - if the long part of the handle points down and the little spur points to the right then you need a left hand handle, conversely if the long part of the handle points down and the little spur points to the left then you need a right-hand handle.
A diagram is available in the gallery.
How to remove your old cockspur window handle:
- First measure your old backset: you will need to measure from the baseplate (the part that sits flat against the window) to the underside of the handle nose; this will help you select the correct packer to fit to your new handle before installation.
- Remove the screw cover cap to reveal two screws, unscrew and remove.
- Move the handle to the open position which will show another two screws, remove as before.
- Once all four screws have been removed the handle should come off.
How to fit your new cockspur window handle:
- Line up the new handle with the old screw holes.
- Before fitting the handle to the window, ensure that the correct type and length of screw is used to avoid penetrating the glazing cavity.
- Put the screws in and secure into place.
- Once the screws at the top and bottom of the base are fitted put the screw cover (if applicable) over the screw hole at the top of the base.
We aim to deliver your products as quickly as possible. Orders taken before 12:00pm will normally be dispatched the same day. Orders taken after 12:00pm on a Friday will be dispatched the following Monday. For all Next Day Delivery Services (next working day excluding Saturday's) please order before 12:00pm for same day dispatch. Depending on the delivery service selected on checkout, we either use a next-day courier service, Royal Mail Tracked 48 or Royal Mail Tracked 24 postage service.
Free shipping is available for all order over £10.00, delivery time estimates for free delivery is 3-5 working days.
No Quibble Money Back Returns Policy
Shop with absolute confidence knowing that if you are not satisfied for any reason we will refund the full purchase price providing you return the item within 30 days and in the same condition as when dispatched. Except for those cases where an item proves to be faulty, damaged on delivery or incorrectly described, return delivery charges and postage expenses are not refunded.
How do I return Items?
If you need to return an item please log into your account and click on the orders tab. Locate the order you wish to return and on the right click on 'Return Items?' You will then be taken to the returns tab; on the right hand side enter the quantity you wish to return; then on the left below the item, select the return reason and then the return action (whether you would like a replacement or a refund). If a replacement is not available, we will issue you a refund. There is a comments box to the right if you need to enter any more details.
Once you are happy that all the details have been correctly entered then click on the 'Submit Return Request' button. You will then be sent a return request email from JCP Hardware with instructions.
If you have placed an order as a guest and you wish to return it, then please email.