Schlosser Technik Apto Cockspur UPVC Window Handle Kit
The Schlosser Technik Apto Cockspur Handle Kit is a high quality replacement and will fit most applications.
It's unique patented design will fit existing applications including 9mm, 13mm, 17mm & 21mm. Each kit is provided with three different sizes packers which can be neatly fitted to the handle to suit your existing application.
Available as Left or Right Hand
- High quality replacement cockspur window handle kit
- Provided with three differently sized packers which can be attached to suit applications from 9mm to 21mm
- Unique patent protected design
- Dead locking with key
- Simple & easy to fit
- Left & right hand available
- Fitting instructions on the back of each kit
- Due to the huge variety of window types we do not provide handle fixing screws for this item.
What's in the Pack?
1x Apto Cockspur Window Handle
2x Packer fixing screws
1x Adhesive screw cap cover
PLEASE NOTE: No handle fixing screws are provided
This kit is suitable for most applications from 9mm to 21mm, varying heights can be achieved by using the different packers provided in the kit.
A diagram is available in the gallery.
Do I need a left or a right-hand handle?
First check the hand of your handle, for a top hung window that opens out - if the long part of the handle points to the left and the little spur points down you will need a left hand, if the long part of the handle points to the right and the little spur points down you will need a right hand. For side opening windows - if the long part of the handle points down and the little spur points to the right then you need a left hand handle, conversely if the long part of the handle points down and the little spur points to the left then you need a right-hand handle.
A diagram is available in the gallery.
How to remove your old cockspur window handle:
- First measure your old backset: you will need to measure from the baseplate (the part that sits flat against the window) to the underside of the handle nose; this will help you select the correct packer to fit to your new handle before installation.
- Remove the screw cover cap to reveal two screws, unscrew and remove.
- Move the handle to the open position which will show another two screws, remove as before.
- Once all four screws have been removed the handle should come off.
How to fit your new cockspur window handle:
- Select the correct spur packer to match the original handle and fix the packer to the underside of the spur with the two countersunk screws provided.
- Line up the new handle with the old screw holes.
- Before fitting the handle to the window, ensure that the correct type and length of screw is used to avoid penetrating the glazing cavity.
- Put the new screws in and secure into place.
- Once the screws at the top and bottom of the base are fitted put the screw cover (if applicable) over the screw hole at the top of the base.
We aim to deliver your products as quickly as possible. Orders taken before 12:00pm will normally be dispatched the same day. Orders taken after 12:00pm on a Friday will be dispatched the following Monday. For all Next Day Delivery Services (next working day excluding Saturday's) please order before 12.00pm for same day dispatch. Depending on the weight and contents of your order, we either use a next-day courier service, or Royal Mail 24 postage service.
Mainland U.K delivery times are 1-2 working days. Northern Ireland delivery times are 2 - 3 working days.
No Quibble Money Back Returns Policy
Shop with absolute confidence knowing that if you are not satisfied for any reason we will refund the full purchase price providing you return the item within 30 days and in the same condition as when dispatched. Except for those cases where an item proves to be faulty, damaged on delivery or incorrectly described, return delivery charges and postage expenses are not refunded.
How do I return Items?
If you need to return an item please log into your account and click on the orders tab. Locate the order you wish to return and on the right click on 'Return Items?' You will then be taken to the returns tab; on the right hand side enter the quantity you wish to return; then on the left below the item, select the return reason and then the return action (whether you would like a replacement or a refund). If a replacement is not available, we will issue you a refund. There is a comments box to the right if you need to enter any more details.
Once you are happy that all the details have been correctly entered then click on the 'Submit Return Request' button. You will then be sent a return request email from JCP Hardware with instructions.
If you have placed an order as a guest and you wish to return it, then please email.